Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Learning to be a big brother.

Last night, Carter attended a Kid's Class at the hospital to learn things about babies and being a big brother. First he was able to look and pictures of babies and ask questions. He wanted to know why they are wrapped up? Then he watched a video about a little girl whose mom was having a baby and how she felt. Next he got to practice holding a baby "doll" and change a diaper. Lastly, they had the kids wear gloves, shoe covers, masks and hats, like doctors and nurses do, so that the kids would not be afraid of them. We then took Carter to see the nursery at the hospital and where mommy would be.
Practicing holding the baby. He is concentrating so hard. Tonight he told me that he has to hold "my baby" gently with one hand on her head and the other on her bottom. He did listen last night

Time to change the diaper. He did a good job with the help of daddy. Tonight he told me that "my baby" might cry if she has stinky in her diaper. Following that he said that she would talk sometimes and cry others. It will make him mad that she does not talk to him.Here he is in his "hospital" gear.

Well, I am 35 weeks now and Baby Girl Toole will be here before we know it. We don't have name yet, but one will come to us. We are working on the finishing touches and I am working to get things organized. I think that is my favorite part. We will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Kim L said...

Shawn! He's going to be such a great big brother!!! That was such a good idea! Can't wait to see the pics of the nursery!! Miss yall!

theSwensenFamily said...

That is about the cutest thing I've ever seen! He looks like he has this 'big brother' thing down. That would be great if you could get him changing diapers! I love it! I can't believe you are already 35 weeks! Yeah! I am SO EXCITED for this little girl to get here! I'm sure you will have everything just perfect for her when she arrives! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas! It looked like a lot of fun! Miss you!

Becky said...

These pictures are incredibly cute. What a good, protective big brother he will be. I can't wait to meet my new cousin--just wish we were closer so I could see you all as soon as she's born! Guess we'll have to make a road trip. Love, BooMatt