Sunday, May 13, 2012

Darlington 500

We surprised Carter and got tickets to go to the Darlington 500.  We did not tell him until about an hour before we left and he was speechless and so excited.  He knows TONS about racing and is a huge fan.  
 Let me first start out by saying that everyone should be so glad that we have these pictures.  As many of you know, I take alot of pictures.  After the race, these pictures were almost gone.  The next thing that I am going to tell you is disgusting and as I could not get it out of my mind, Carter kept telling me that I just needed to think of happy things.  
My camera fell into the porta-john, I mean the actual porta-john.  My first instinct was to dig it out and that I did.  Then I pulled out the memory stick and headed out the door to find a bathroom to scrub by arm...  Needless to say, we are not even attempting the camera but I was able to get these pictures.  So enjoy these.
 Before the race there are several activities outside of the racetrack.  Carter loved them all.
 Playing a racing video game.
 Picture in front of a Dale Jr. car.  He is our family favorite.
 Cool NASCAR sand sculpture.

 Posing on the Geico Motorcycle.
 In the tiny Air Force Car.
 Walking with Daddy and all of the loot that they gathered.
 This one if for you Grammy...
 Carter in our seats before the race.
 Family shot.  Abby stayed with Nana and Gramps..  Carter could not stop smiling.
 Carter in a Clint Bower car.
 It just so happened that our seats were in front of Dale Jr.'s pit box.  Very cool.
 Carter having fun.
 Dale Jr. for pre-race introductions.
Here is our view of the race.  We were very tired after getting home about 1:30am but it was so much fun to see the awesome smile on Carter's face...  Priceless.....

No comments: