Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Fun

Well, I am a little behind in updating the blog and the month of December is almost over. We have been busy with lots of fun Christmas activities and will be continuing the rest of this month.
Abby had her performance at her school and her class sang Jingle Bells. She actually sang that night and has been signing Jingle Bells for over a month now. So sweet.

Patrick's dad drove his Model A in a local Christmas parade with lights. Carter and his cousins rode in the car with Gramps and Abby, Patrick and I watched. All had a great time.
Carter and Ian.
Gramps with his hat on....
Abby in the car...
Carter went to see Santa. Abby on the other hand was scared to death. She talked a big talk, but wanted nothing to do with him.
Carter and Abby have helped me bake cookies...
We went to cut our tree down the weekend after Thanksgiving and got a really big one this year. It is pretty. I will have to post the pictures of the 7 trees in my next post...
Me with Carter and Abby. Trying to get pictures is one of the hardest things some days.
Yes, they are posed with the saw.....
Off to look for a tree...
I just love that sweet face..
Every year before Christmas we go to Build a Bear and the kids make Christmas animals and record their voices and then I put them away until the next year. It is so neat to hear how Carter and Abby sounded when they were little. I just love this tradition.
We have a busy weekend this week and went to see a "better" Santa last weekend with pictures coming soon. Abby had to be tricked to be in a picture with Santa...

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Shawn, you are your mama's daughter! SEVEN trees.....and I'm happy that I don't have to put up even one tree this year. Wreaths on the doors and calling it good. But I'm proud of you for your ongoing Christmas spirit. Don't follow my example!

The kids are darling (as if you need to be told)!

Joy said...

I like the teaser at the end about tricking Abby to be in a Santa picture. Ryley has only agreed to be in one pic with Santa in her lifetime, and that's because she felt like it was safer/friendlier because Mrs. Claus was there too! Cute pictures... You have such a happy family! Can't wait to see more! :-)