Sunday, May 2, 2010

Grandma's 80th Birthday party

Let me first just say that it was so great to see all of my family. It really is so nice to spend time with them. We got up on Saturday morning and drove to my Grandma's house. There we had lots of fun stuff to do. These pictures are just a few to show some of the preparation and the party.My Grandma did such a great job working on this special day and I think that she really had a wonderful time. Here she is straightening the table clothes.
Carter and Abby enjoyed the big room, but had a take a break for some playing.
Here is my sister, Amy on the phone with the rental place straightening things out. My mom and Grandma were making sure that all of the table clothes were on just the right way.
Carter joined in the action and helped put chairs around all of the tables. He worked for a little bit but then got tired and went a played. The life of a 4 year old.

Once the chairs were out it was time to put candy around the flowers. Carter loved this and knew that he had a certain number to count out.

On Saturday evening, we went back to my Grandma's house and met up with my Aunt Karen, Aunt Trudy and cousin Allie. Poor Patrick and Carter, there really were alot of women in the room. Here we are at the table working on some last minute details.

My grandma making a tablecloth. She had so much fun with everyone laughing


Abby playing on the floor with my cousin, Allie.

My mom holding Abby... So sweet.

Patrick even got to help out Grandma.

We still have a few things to finalize on Sunday morning, so here is my mom making bows.

Abby having a snack.

Here is Grandma, my sister, Amy, and my Aunt Karen before the party.
About 150 people came to Grandma's party. It was so special. Here is Grandma greeting some of her guests.

There was even an orchestra. They played alot of my Grandma's music during the party.

My Grandma crocheted this table cloth and there are pictures of her growing up on the table.

More of Grandma, waiting for the party to begin.

Here is the cake. I don't have a picture of the food table, we had finger sandwiches, a beautiful fruit display, shrimp cocktail, vegetables, brownies and a raspberry punch. It was exactly what my grandma wanted.

My cousin Allie plays the violin and she played Happy Birthday for my Grandma. Carter thought that it was interesting and was right up there in the action.

What a great picture of Grandma.

Grandma even got to dance the polka.

Here is Abby checking everything out.

Several pictures were displayed on a red door from the old cabins and here is Carter all by himself checking them out. He knew exactly why we were there and had a great time.

Grandma looked so nice. I am so glad that we were able to attend her party. It was so special.

The next morning before we went back to Indiana, my Grandma recorded her voice on a book for Carter and Abby from their Grammy. (Thanks mom for thinking of it)
I know that this is a long post and I am sorry that it took me so long. I got strep last weekend and it really wiped me out. I don't get sick so it was not fun. I am better and looking forward to a great weekend.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Definitely worth the wait (sorry you were sick). I love the blow-by-blow reliving of this fun event. So fun to see everyone as you are now (as opposed to my now-outdated memory of them).